We're hiring! Join The Cares Family as Head of Projects
Posted by Alex Smith on 14th May 2022
- SALARY: £35,000-£45,000 (FTE, dependent on experience)
- ROLE TYPE: Permanent contract
- REPORTING TO: Director of Projects
- LOCATION: London, Liverpool or Manchester (regular travel to London)
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: 11:59pm, June 5th 2022
After a decade of building connection and community in local places, reducing loneliness amongst younger and older people alike, The Cares Family is at a moment of opportunity to make an even bigger difference at the national level in the next 10 years. That's why we're recruiting for a Head of Projects, to help lead and deliver our work supporting communities building connection across all the UK.
This is an exciting time to join our friendly, high performing and ambitious team. The Projects Directorate is the newest part of The Cares Family: over the last 18 months we have launched The Multiplier to support exceptional community leaders across the UK; set up new initiatives to surface the voices of people in our communities in new ways; and launched the first parts of a campaigns strategy.
In your role as Head of Projects, your work at The Cares Family will include leading the strategic development and delivery of The Multiplier in 2022 and beyond, and the design, development and delivery of an exciting new project enabling and supporting intergenerational connection across the UK. You will also contribute to the growth of the Projects Directorate as a whole, working collaboratively with the Head of Communications, Head of Campaigns and Projects Coordinator.
All of that requires a specific set of skills which you might have learned designing and leading projects, programmes and teams at another charity, business or public sector organisation. To achieve your goals, you will need to be:
- Passionate about our mission, philosophy, values and programmes;
- A strategic thinker, at ease managing detail whilst responding to the big picture;
- Creative and confident to design ambitious projects from scratch;
- Experienced at project delivery: highly organised, a multi-tasker used to taking initiative and comfortable working in a team and independently;
- A people-person who builds relationships easily, both internally and externally;
- Comfortable putting in place monitoring and evaluation plans and embedding learning;
- An authentic, high-quality communicator, with exceptional written, spoken and listening skills;
- An experienced line manager, able to nurture and grow a small team to realise their potential;
- A confident facilitator, experienced at running workshops and able to encourage participation from a diverse group of people (online and in person);
- Comfortable and experienced working with communities and/or community organisations.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for someone who is passionate about creating a ripple of connection across the UK. The Head of Projects will be ambitious in their approach; working to high standards with a focus on quality and the impact they can make through their work. The list below is not exhaustive of all the functions of the Head of Projects, but it describes much of what will be expected of the role. You will need to:
- Continue to develop and deliver The Multiplier, working with our Projects Coordinator
- Develop and maintain strong and productive relationships with people who take part in The Cares Family’s work, and with partner organisations;
- Grow and develop your team ensuring everyone is equipped to perform to the highest level and meet the fullness of their potential;
- Create beautiful blogs, short films and regular social media posts to raise awareness, build our profile and share the learning of our projects;
- Actively contribute to the Projects team; supporting collaborative and positive working across the Directorate and helping to deliver our organisational strategy;
- Attend and represent The Cares Family at events – promoting our work, building our profile and enhancing our reputation;
- Support the Director of Projects with ongoing project administration and other tasks on an ad hoc basis;
- Ensure all of the above is done in line with our anti-racist and inclusion action plan.
In return we will offer you:
- 26 days’ annual leave;
- Pension [3% employer contribution through the government’s NEST scheme];
- A staff welfare programme including access to counselling.
HOW TO APPLY
Click here to read the full job description. Once you have read it, please send us your C.V and a cover letter of no more than 750 words clearly demonstrating how your experience makes you the right person for the role. Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm on the 5th June 2022.
The Cares Family is an anti-racist, anti-discriminatory organisation. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic people, people with disabilities and people from lower income and diverse educational backgrounds who may be under-represented in our organisation.